Grey Seas are dreaming of my Death

I know grey seas are dreaming of my death,
Out on grey plains where foam is lost, in sleep,
Where one damp wind wails on continually,
And no life lives in the forgotten air.

Ayhie! Yoi! but oh! the mood doth change,
The sea doth lift me high on living mountains
As a mother guards her babe
So the fierce hills round me range,
And a Voice goes on and on in mighty laughter-
The joyous call of Strength wich doth enguard me.
Ayhie! Yoi! All the splendor of the sea
Doth guard me from the slaughter.

Oh! Men in weary lands
Lift up your hearts and hands,
And weep ye are not me,
Child of all the sea
Out upon the foam among the fountains
And the glory
And the magic of this water world
Where in childhood I was hurled,
Weep, for I am dying in my glory
And the foam swings round and sings,

And the great seas chaunt and the whitened hills are falling;
And I am dying in my glory, dying -Dying, Dying, Dying-

William Hope Hodgson

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sé que los mares grises sueñan con mi muerte,
Sobre las sombrías planicies donde la espuma medita,
entre los vientos lóbregos que braman sin descanso
y nada vive en el aire olvidado.

¡Ay! Mas cambia de humor,
el mar me acuna sobre hirvientes colinas,
como una madre a su hijo,
así sus fieros miembros me abrazan,
y una voz retumba con poderosas carcajadas,
la gozosa llamada del Poder que me rodea.
¡Ay! Toda la grandiosidad del mar me protege del sacrificio.

¡Ah! Hombres de las tierras melancólicas
alzad vuestros corazones y manos
y clamad que no sois yo;
niños de todos los mares,
que flotáis sobre la espuma de las fuentes,
y la gloria
y la magia de este mundo acuático
al que me arrojaron en mi infancia.
Llorad, pues muero satisfecho;
y las olas braman y se agitan,
y los mares grises cantan,
y las blancas colinas se sumergen,
y yo estoy muriendo en todo mi esplendor,
muriendo, muriendo, muriendo.